RxSB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RxSB Forum

Where botting meets perfection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YungMuny4

setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} Empty
PostSubject: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 am

i had ti reset my client and i when i click install i get the black box to just open and close. i remeber looking at an old post about this on rsbot. i remeber having something to do with changing your environmental variables first. does anyone know the steps you take to do this correctly?
Back to top Go down
delimare
elite member
elite member
delimare

PostSubject: Re: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am

Just download and reinstall java and JDK.

Click here to download java.

Click here to download JDK.

Keep in mind that there is also 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Just use Google to find the appropriate one you want.
Back to top Go down
YungMuny4

PostSubject: Re: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 pm

omg this is really annoying me every time i load my bot since the update my screen keeps blinking like a black film over screen like its glitching or something and when i start up the script it doesnt move it just logs in and sits still. only way i know it to run unsigned or which ever is the one that takes forever to load up. idk how to fix but my bro is running his no problem
Back to top Go down
delimare
elite member
elite member
delimare

PostSubject: Re: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:50 am

Get this fixed yet?
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 am

1. Go to Start > Computer > C: > Program Files (x86) > Java > jre6 > bin
If you have both do the one with (x86)

2. Right click in the address/path bar at the top of the window, select "Copy Address as Text"
3. Close that window

4. Go to "Start", right click on "Computer" and selection "Properties". Then select the "Advanced system settings" link on the left column of that window.5. Click the "Environment Variables" button.

6. A window will pop up. Scroll down a bit in the options list at the bottom of this window until you see the "Path" options. Select it and click the "edit" button.

7. Click on the end of the text that is already in the field there and type a semicolon ";" (without the quotes), then after the semicolon right click and "Paste" the path that we copied earlier.
example of how a path would look when added (note yours may be different):
%systemroot%\system32;%systemroot%;%systemroot%\system32\wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

8. Click Ok on all the windows and close them

9. Re-run your installer file (install-windows).

I didn't write this. Hope this help in some way if you have not gotten your problem fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}   setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting up client on a new laptop? {Setup environmental variables}
Page 1 of 1